Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Wu Wei

Today in class I really focused on not being in class, but instead just plain being.  Instead of trying so hard I really focused my energy on letting go.  I focused on not forcing anything, which is what I'd like to think I focus on each day, but today I achieved that more.  It happens when we find more awareness in the moment, which is incredibly tricky considering that the moment you even think about being in the moment, you are not, in the moment!  In the moments you are having difficulty you have to focus and relax, rather than to try harder, which tenses you.  In fact I'm even finding it a bit hard to describe, since even describing the feeling is not the feeling, and so the things I'm saying are near to, but not the state I felt!  I can tell you it has happened to you too.  Because at some point in your life, you as everyone else has undergone something difficult.  It could be a trivial difficulty but it still pulled you into the moment.  Luckily we have these difficult moments to pull us away from our attempts at being.  This is obvious to us, but how many times have I found myself not doing that? too many times to count.
One can work with the or against the nature of a situation, like wood or stone, or yes the human body.  Today my strides were completely with the grain, and I think I'll plan on doing that again tomorrow.
 Oops there I go again thinking!

WuWei (Defined)    1. To always act in accordance of things as they exist.  
                               OR  2. Not to force anything.  


2 comments:

  1. So many levels of existence, all at once, one at a time. Transcendence is about pace of breath. There are four cardinals for each of the 360 degrees of a circle.
    1440 possibilities for each rotation potential point, at variant ,speed, and impulse. Your only friend is the floor, and the floors best friend is gravity. Remember the best parts of you are in the magnetic field outside of your body. Absolute flow is driven by the heart. KON

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a great interview with the actor Ed Harris on NPR today. He said that when he first started acting he was in a production of Camelot and he did one show in which he was so totally in the flow that he had no memory of it. At the end he got a standing ovation.

    ReplyDelete