Monday, April 4, 2011

Think big and jump higher

The streets are starting to live again.  I went out over the last weekend and performed.  It was like magic.  I have to say there is so much beauty when you just shut all the negative garbage out and slip into a creative space.  I am really excited for the coming street season...  When I perform out there it feels alive, like people don't have any idea what it must feel like to do what I'm doing.  I have no idea how to not do it.  There is absolutely no security in what you do on the stage of the street, but in a lot of ways when your totally naked you realize that there is no such thing as security.  For so much of the time when you live in this place, you me, we, are bombarded with advertisements.  Fear, it's fear.  It's so clear when you just let it all go!  When you just say, Shit man, I don't need this stuff.  I don't need any of these things to be happy.  I don't need to perform any way other than the way I wish to.  I'm not a blue man or a principal dancer.  I'm not a Broadway performer, or a famous actor.  I am none of these things, but I am.  Yes, yes, yes I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment