Friday, March 16, 2012

PROTEST AGAINST THE RISING TIDE OF CONFORMITY

I look down and see that I am the same as another person.  I see the same swoosh, the same coffee cup, the same telephone, the same ear phones, the same jeans and the same hair cut.  I notice that you and I are the same...  Exactly the same.
But then I look away and I feel a person that is not the same.  I look away and I feel a person that is different.  I see a person that comes from a place of love, in spite of fear.  I see a unique individual that loves difference, someone that isn't afraid of it.  Someone who can acknowledge it and cherish it.  Someone who is honest.
Then I think, why?
Am I the only one?
Am I crazy?
And then I realize, no.  It's just a hard thing to see.  We are evolving.  We are becoming more, better, stronger, faster, more connected...  Less unique, and less individual.
Protest against the rising tide of conformity.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a place of love in spite of fear is a good thing. Some can even come from a place of innocence. I know a guy who wears a skirt in public when the mood strikes him and he is a nudist at home. I think nonconformism is a good thing when it comes from love, and from intelligence, not just rebeling for the sake of rebeling. We live in an era when there are many brave whistle blowers who are being punished, like Bradley Manning.

    ReplyDelete